Careers December 2014
Join MKCL’s Team to Create a Knowledge Lit World
Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Limited (MKCL) is a Public Limited Company set up in the year 2001 by the Government of Maharashtra and 10 public universities in the state to create transformative paradigms in education, governance and empowerment for common people.
Over last 13 years, through its various programs, MKCL is engaged in design, development and delivery of Education, Governance and Empowerment technologies, products, solutions and services to its ever growing base of millions of customers in India and abroad.
MKCL’s world class work environment, state of the art software development facility, high end server infrastructure, broadband connectivity, vibrant atmosphere for nurturing innovation, projects offering intellectual challenges and excitement, global best practices, ever growing process maturity, opportunities to work on international projects, high quality learning resources, caring and sharing culture, people centric management ethos, decent compensation packages commensurate with industry standards, performance linked awards and career growth opportunities attracts the talented to join its intellectual resource pool.
MKCL desires to appoint qualified and experienced individuals in various positions mentioned below at its offices in Mumbai and Pune. The applicants should be proactive individuals with missionary zeal and high degree of learnability. The applicants should necessarily possess well-developed communication skills, leadership skills and excellence in team work across physical, virtual and multi-locational work places.
1. General Manager, HRD :
The applicant should be a BE and MBA in HR from a recognized university with excellent scholastic background and having high degree of proficiency in office automation tools and at least 10 – 15 years of post-MBA relevant experience in an organization predominantly engaged in the pursuit of knowledge-centric products and services.
The applicant should have an ability to nurture excellence and talent, innovative mindset and capability to maintain an HR climate for the knowledge workers to express the best of their potential.
The applicant should possess a proven track record in:
- talent acquisition
- employee life-cycle management
- drafting and Implementing HR policies
- engaging trainers and meeting the Identified training requirements
- Nurture an employee development centric work environment
Place of Posting: Pune
2. Full-time Assistant to Company Secretary :
The candidate should be an ACS/FCS from the Institute of Company Secretaries of India and/or LL.B/LL.M with preferably at least 2 years of relevant post-qualification work experience in Corporate Secretarial, Legal and Administrative matters. S/he should have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Marathi.
Place of Posting: Pune
3. Deputy General Manager, eGovernance :
The applicant should be a BE and MBA (preferably in Marketing) from a recognized university with excellent scholastic background and having high degree of proficiency in office automation tools and at least 7 – 12 years of post-MBA relevant experience in the field of eGovernance Business Development. The applicant should have a proven track record in obtaining and implementing large scale eGovernance projects preferably including Online Recruitment/Online Admissions/ Online Applications Solutions and Integrated Services (OASIS) projects in government, semi-government, public sector, private sector and/or co-operative sector.
Place of Posting: Mumbai
4. Chief Technology Officer :
The applicant should be BE/ MCA/ME/M.Tech. from a recognized university. Systems Architect Certification or SOA Architect, Solution Architect, Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) Certification desirable.
S/he should possess minimum of 10 – 15 years of relevant experience with global best practices in software design, development and deployment. International experience in this field in MNCs for handling multiplicity of clients is desirable.
S/he is expected to present a proven track record in
- architecting/designing and developing state-of-the-art software solutions,
- assessing and recommending new tools, technologies and development practices in line with emerging market trends and business expectations
- visualizing holistic picture and provide appropriate software solution,
- evolving long term strategies and provide technical roadmap to new enterprise-wide initiatives
- reaching the end state solution,
- understanding IT infrastructure systems, their vulnerabilities and security/compliance requirements
- developing model driven architecture with high degree of proficiency in development techniques and UML with solid understanding of data management including RDBMS, ETL, data normalization, data warehousing concepts and techniques
overseeing solutions delivery through the project lifecycle,
- working proactively to identify/resolve problem areas
commanding mastery over Enterprise Architecture and Custom development as well as Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) utilizing J2EE architecture
utilizing Web Service, ESB, SOA Suite, Web logic server, IBM Web Sphere, Axis, JAX-WS, etc with extensive experience
understanding UI frameworks for mobile applications
Place of Posting: Pune
5. UI/UX Designer :
The applicant should be BE/ MCA/ME/M.Tech. from a recognized university. The applicant should possess at least 5 - 7 years of relevant industry experience. S/he should possess excellent Photoshop skills. Knowledge of Flash is desirable. S/he should also possess expert level knowledge of CSS3/HTML5 development environment and working knowledge of Bootstrap 3.2 and LESS CSS. Knowledge of JS/Jquery/Joomla would be an added advantage.
Place of posting: Pune
6. Knowledge Community Facilitator :
Having completed 13 years as a business consciously focused on social contribution, MKCL is planning for transforming itself into a Knowledge Community of all its stake-holders. The vision, values and plans for transformation have evolved over the years. Committed, qualified and capable individuals in facilitating this transformation are being invited to take up this challenging task.
The applicant should be BE/ MCA/ME/M.Tech. from a recognized university. S/he should possess at least 5 – 7 years of expertise and experience of:
- organizational learning theory and practices
- knowledge creation and diffusion practices
- community building and generative dialogue practices
- understanding of the processes and practices of software development
- research and practice building with a proven track record
Most importantly the applicant should have an urge to contribute socially while working professionally.
Place of Posting: Pune