श्री. गिरीश सोहोनी
Principal Advisor and Trustee, BAIF Development Research Foundation
Member, Governing Council, BSE Social Stock Exchange
- Bachelor of Technology - Mechanical Engineering
1972-1977, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management
1978–1980, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
- Principal Advisor and Trustee (wef 2021), BAIF Development Research Foundation.
- Independent Director, Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Limited (MKCL). 2019 onwards.
- Member. Rajiv Gandhi Science and Technology Commission (RGSTC), Govt of Maharashtra. 2021 onwards.
- President & Managing Trustee (2009 – 2021), BAIF Development Research Foundation, a national level organization working on Rural Development and applied research with over 5 million families in 12 states of India.
- Over 40 years’ experience in Natural Resource Management and Rural livelihoods. Worked on Village Production Systems, Appropriate Technology, Agribusiness and nurturing Farmer Producer Organisations.
- Was involved in Institutional Development of BAIF into a multi-sectoral development organization and as a Resource Institution.
- Served as an expert on various Committees of State and Central Government, NABARD, National and International Agencies. Serves as a Member of the Governing Boards of BAIF Development Research Foundation and its Associate organizations, and a number of other development organisations.
Awards / Recognitions:
- Awarded the “Distinguished Alumnus Award 2011” by the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay in recognition of outstanding contributions to Rural and Community Development.
- Awarded the “Maha – Intrapreneur Award 2013” by Praj Industries Ltd.
- Decorated as “Commander in the Order of Agricultural Merit” by the Minister of Agriculture, Agrifood and Forestry, Government of France (2016).
- Published / Presented over 25 papers at National / International conferences.