श्री. भूषण प्रभू
- Chief Financial Officer: 11 years
- Business Finance Head: 4 years
- Divisional Finance Manager: 2 years
- Sr.Commercial Manager: 7 years
- Finance Manager/Executive: 2 years
- Asst. Audit Manager: 2 years
- Chartered Accountant (1987)
- Bachelor of Commerce (1986) R.A Poddar College (Mumbai University)
WORK EXPERIENCE (MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS)
2016 to date: Advisor to Corporates and NGOs
- Advisor to chairman of Smartlink Network Systems
- Led three buybacks to reward shareholders in tax efficient way
- Evaluating / discussing investment and joint venture/business proposals
- Restructured the Company by splitting the company to create holding company and operational subsidiaries structure
- Advise Promoter on business performance management for improving operational performance
- Advisor to Ultra Group Manufacturing Engine Oils for
- Improving profits by refocusing on Core Business and moving away from non-core activities
- Strengthening Balance Sheet through effective working capital management
- Improved Tax planning to optimize tax burden
- Associated with four NGOs
- Sadhana Trust,
- Narmada Navnirman Abhiyan,
- The Shikshan Mandal
2005 to 2015 CFO SmartLink Network Systems Ltd ( Formerly D-Link India Ltd)
- SEBI Litigation: Resolved litigation by SEBI in Buy Back matter. The SEBI Civil order was quashed by SAT and SEBI criminal proceedings were quashed by Bombay High Court
- Business restructuring: Initiated, Negotiated, structured and Executed slump sale of Cabling Business to Schneider, France to unlock value. Structured deal at EBIDTA multiple of 17 for commodity business. Used treasury income earned in years succeeding the deal are supporting the new business plans to stabilise. Strategic restructuring of business model to focus resources on profitable growth by eliminating low profit products and business.
- Demerger: Conceptualised, Structured and implemented Demerger of D-Link India Limited including SWAP of promoter’s holdings to give majority holding to both promoters. This ensured improved focus on the business lines driven by each promoter leading to clarity in vision and maximising shareholders value.
- Corporate Governance: Strengthened the Board thru introduction of independent directors and strict adherence to Corp Governance norms. Instrumental in getting SAT verdict in favour of the company setting aside SEBI order against the Company.
- Funds Management: Improved working capital management to significantly strengthen the financial health of the Company. More than doubled the other Income of the Company thru prudent funds management. Played a significant role in bringing the focus of the company to generation of cash as a prime indicator of shareholder value creation.
- ERP Implementation: Member of Steering Committee responsible for identifying and implementing ERP (Oracle 11i).
- Transperent financial accounts: Transformed Companies Finances and accounts to adher to a very clean and transparent accounts meeting all the disclosure norms.
2001 to 2004 Head Business Finance & Head Regional Finance for Europe and US, Lupin Limited
- Responsible for Business plan, Budgets, MIS, Production planning, Working capital management for US and Europe region.
- Set up US Subsidiary and structured transfer pricing as per India and US laws,
- Responsible for the Financial Accounts and Audit of the Subsidiary
- Responsible for the business finance for the entire group including Budgets and profit planning, working capital management, capital deployment. Responsible for Board presentations for the performance. Responsible for strategic planning and any activity related to the business finance.
- Responsible for the Cost Audits, any issues with respect to price applications
- Member of the Core team responsible for identifying and implementing SAP.
August,1999 to February’2001 Head Regional Finance, Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd.
- Responsible for finance for three divisions in Mumbai having turnover of Rs250 crores.
- Responsible for the entire finance for three divisions including Financial Accounts, Audits, Tax Audits, Budgets, MIS and compliances.
- Reduced the Admin overheads in Mumbai by around Rs.1 crore per annum which was more than 30% reduction on annualised basis in overheads
1992 to 1999, Lead Commercial and Finance Function, Lupin Chemicals Limited.
- Strategic planning and implementation team to Turnaround the Company & make it the cash cow of the group from loss leader
- Business Finances of the listed company
- Strategic marketing
- Funds management
- Drug Price Control management (Rifampicin price study)
1990 to 1992 Divisional Management Accountant, Rallis India Limited
- Responsible for Management accounting of Pharma division and Corporate MIS
- Special Assignments with Director Finance and EVC (eg. settlement of dues for sale of a major division)
1989-90 Executive Assistant to Executive Director, Savita Chemicals Limited
- Various assignments with executive director.
1988-89 Asst. Audit Manager, A.F Ferguson
- Lead audits and Tax audits of Hindustan Lever Ltd, Hindustan Ferrado Ltd., Bombay Gymkhana, Bradma Of India Ltd.
1984-87 CA Articleship with Sethy & Co
- Accounts writing, audits sales tax of propritory, partnership and private limited companies